Skip to main content

I'm Just Not Feeling It Today




I'm just not feeling it today. 
The alarm clock goes off, and you don't want to get up.  You force yourself to get out of bed, but you just want to crawl back in.  You see yourself in the mirror, bed-head and all, and you think to yourself that it just takes way too much effort to get in the shower, to get dressed, to brush your hair, etc.  You decide it all can wait.  You make your way to the couch, and turn on the TV.   In the back of your mind, you may be thinking that you need to get up and exercise.  Maybe you need to do laundry, or go to the store.  You quickly push those thoughts aside.  The next thing you know, you have binge-watched 5 hours of Netflix, maybe even mindlessly eating.  You are suffering from a serious lack of motivation.
Have this ever been you?  I'm guilty.  I've had days like this where my fitness tracker didn't track over 500 steps for the whole day.  I'm not proud of it, but I've done it.  (Confession is good for the soul, right?)  I do think that, occasionally, everyone needs a day to rest, both mentally, and physically.  I also know that sometimes I'm just being lazy.  I tell myself that I just feel like being a sloth, moving as slowly, and as little as possible!  On those days I need a swift kick in the butt to get me moving!

If this is you sometimes, as it is me, it is time to change our way of thinking.  We actually feel better when we move around.  Even if it is nothing more getting up every hour to move around a little, it will make us feel better.  It will improve our moods.  Most of us have fitness trackers that remind us to move every hour.  (I have laughed, and ignored mine on my lazy days.)   I'm setting a new goal.  Maybe you would like to set the same goal.  On days when I feel like a sloth, I am going to make myself get up every hour and move.  I'm sure I will feel better if I do, and I won't go to bed being angry at myself for just sitting there all day!  (To help keep this goal, I may have to pretend that the hourly reminder on my fitness tracker, is an electrical shock!  I can do a pretty mean impersonation of a sloth when I sent my mind to it!)

If it is truly a day that you need the rest, don't feel guilty.  There are days that we all need to recharge!  We must learn to differentiate between the two.  Do you need the rest, or do you just want to be a sloth?  Only you know the answer to that.  The choice of how to handle the day is yours.  The way you choose may make a difference in how you feel about yourself when the day is over.  Will you be happy with yourself, or upset with yourself?  It's just something to think about!  

Always remember - YOU ARE AWESOME!  Go out and make it a great day!

**If you like this post, please feel free to share it, or to share the link to the blog!  It is with your help that I may reach, and inspire others!  I welcome comments!  I welcome suggestions!  If you wish to contact me privately, email me at lisaspointofview@gmail.com .

Thank you for your support !


Comments

  1. So true! I felt that way this morning but I'm going to try and exercise each day as it really does make you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacey! Without Weight Watchers, I would have become a professional sloth and would have sought election as the President of the Sloth Club.

      Delete
  2. I have those days. I volunteer to be the Secretary. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have to write very, very, very slowly! Forget the Turtle Club! LOL

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Today There's Sunshine In My Soul

I love sunshine!  I'm sure that most of us do.  It makes me feel happy and good inside!  With our weird winter/spring, many of us may not have seen much sunshine lately!  Dreary weather can dampen spirits and moods.  It doesn't have to be that way! It doesn't matter if it is sunny, or rainy.  It doesn't matter if it is hot or cold.  WE can be the sunshine in someone's day!  We can lift someone's spirits when they are down!  It doesn't take much effort to g ive someone a sincere compliment, or to give someone a helping hand.  You never know what someone is going through.  Simply give someone a smile!  It might just put them in a better mood, or take their sadness away.  We can be the difference in someone's day!   Help spread some sunshine around! Today there's sunshine in my soul!  Is there sunshine in yours?  **If you like this post, please feel free to share it, or to share the link to the blog!  It is with your help that I may r

Express Yourself!

How do you express yourself?  I'm not speaking of emotions.  Most of us smile when we are happy, cry when we are sad, and possibly scream when we are mad.   What I am asking, is how do you express who you really are?  Me?  I love to write, and I write this blog.  I love to paint, color,  and draw.  I love photography.  All of these are expressions of who I am.  If you read my writing, if you see my art, if you see my photography, you get a glimpse, or better, of who I really am.   It's good to reach deep into ourselves and express ourselves.  It's good to show others the "real us," and not something that we want others to believe that we are.   I challenge you to do something today that truly expresses who you are.  You don't have to share it, unless it is something that you choose to do.  Post something in the comments about what you are going to do today, as an exercise in self-expression.  Be proud of who you are!  When you are ready, let

Fear, Determination And Results

Fear says, "No you can't."  Determination says "Yes you can."  Results say "I told you so!" When someone tells you that you can't do something, how does it make you feel?  Do you believe them?  Does it make you doubt yourself, and your ability to accomplish your goal?  If you believe you can't do something, you probably can't.  Fear can be paralyzing.  What if you try and you fail?  What will people think?  How will you feel?  Do you give up before you even get started? Personally, I hate when someone tells me that I can't do something.  I am stubborn.  It makes me determined to prove them wrong.    Even if I am scared, and am doubtful as to whether I can do it or not, I'll be damned if someone is going to tell me I can't.  In my case, determination will win over fear every time.  Determination is much stronger than fear.  Determination tells you that you can!  Once you believe you can, you will! You have released